Re: Any clue how to run Qiime2 test suite?

Hi Liubov,

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 05:40:44PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 10:48 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> > ERROR: test_reload_fails (qiime2.tests.test_artifact_api.TestImports)
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/build/qiime-2018.8.0/qiime2/tests/test_artifact_api.py", line 23,
> > in setUp
> >     get_dummy_plugin()
> >   File "/build/qiime-2018.8.0/qiime2/core/testing/util.py", line 20, in
> > get_dummy_plugin
> >     "When running QIIME 2 unit tests, the QIIMETEST environment "
> > RuntimeError: When running QIIME 2 unit tests, the QIIMETEST environment
> > variable must be defined so that plugins required by unit tests are loaded.
> > The value of the QIIMETEST environment variable can be anything. Example
> > command: QIIMETEST=1 nosetests

> I found that the required "testing plugin" (dummy-plugin) is defined as an
> entry point argument in setup.py. Qiime uses pkg_resources module to find
> the plugin

I think a minimum requirement is a Build-Depends: python3-pkg-resources which
I now added (but this does not change anything).

> using package's metadata (egg-info). Unfortunately, the metadata
> are only available after the "install" phase.
>
> I thought of two options:
>
>  * rely on autopkgtest

We surely should have an autopkgtest but I think both kind of tests
should be run.

>  * run build-time tests after "dh_auto_install"

Hmmmm, this sounds like some possible solution.  I'm just wondering
whether egg-info is not somewhere "hidden" under .pybuild dir.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de