hyphy and test philosophy

Hi all,

I am writing autopkgtests for the package hyphy, which is a phylogeny hypothesis testing tool.

Sorry for my philosophical questions (again!) but I am not sure what is supposed to be part of autopkgtests vs unit tests vs already existing package tests.

I know that I've asked this before but the reason of repeating that question is that hyphy has loads of internal tests. They way they are run though is quite tricky for me to understand (on same cases) or some of them fail completely

Could I use some of the more meaningful tests (or modify them) and use a couple of them for autopkgtest? (Instead of auto running a 100-test suit?)

Thanks a lot!

Best
SH