mcl package tests

Hi all,

in order to test the package mcl, I am using an approach as described on the paper of Lima-Mendez et al. (DOI: 10.1093/molbev/msn023) method of clustering of bacteriophages based on gene shared content.

I based mine on some modifications of an original implementation by Ksenia Arkhipova. I have already pushed some files to the master but I expect this to take another day or so.

Right now I have one blockage: I am doing a 3-step process

1. Using the package prodigal to generate a database file

2. Using awk to filter this

3. Using mcl to generate protein families

4. Using a custom python script to do pairwise comparisons

5. Out of the files generated in the previous step, I am using mcl again to build clusters of genomes.

On that I have the following question:

- In order to complete step 5 I need to process a file generated from step 3, using the custom, Python script. Now, as we discussed before, I expect I can leave the script in (it's already on master) in order to document this but is it a right approach to have prepared a test file that is supposed to come out of a previous test result? That means I expect that the previous test result has been successful!

Let me know if that makes sense.

p.s. Andreas: I don't need to include the testing files anymore, as I am creating my own, user tests as described above.

Thanks
SH