Re: [MoM] lefse migration to python 3

Hello Andreas,

Referring to this email as a recap.

Running the latest clone, I get on all binaries an identical error:

$ run_lefse
  File "/usr/bin/run_lefse", line 25
    parser.add_argument('-r',dest="rank_tec", metavar='str',
choices=['lda','svm'], type=str, default='lda',

                                   ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

Looking at how the tab entries / spaces are, it seems to be completely
mixed in almost all the python files. It looks like I would have to run
autopep8 to correct this behaviour, but that would result in the bigger
patch size replacing all the *.py but this is unavoidable.

So it is suggested to preserve this from getting changed (from lefse
import *).

Running "python3 run_lefse.py" within the working directory, I get the
help output for run_lefse, so this is working. Installing lefse deb on
my system and running run_lefse in terminal:

$ run_lefse
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/run_lefse", line 7, in <module>
    from lefse import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lefse'

Is this normal expected behaviour before I push? Why would run_lefse.py
and run_lefse differ when executed differently, assuming they are identical.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust