[covid19] Video meeting to start Covid-19 hackathon

Hi folks,

for those who want to join the Covid-19 hackathon[1] I would love to
have a jit.si meeting with you at the weekend.  We could talk about what
to do in the Covid-19 sprint.  I'd like to find out who can do what and
more importantly who needs which help to start.  Please add when a meeting
is good for you:

    http://whenisgood.net/wdabcwe

The meeting could be held at

    https://meet.jit.si/DebianMedCovid19

if we find a sensible time where many people can apply.  You can access
jitsi meetings with an app from your smart device.  Chromium is known to
be working perfectly from recent Debian systems (I tested Debian 10
upwards).  I've also got Firefox working but this is not granted so I'd
rather recommend to follow the link with Chromium once we have agreed
upon a date.

My personal plan for the sprint is

  1. Add another Blends page in parallel to
      https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/covid-19     [2]
        and
      https://blends.debian.org/med/bugs/covid-19.html [3]
     listing quality measures like

       * Problems migrating to testing
       * Has the package an autopkgtest and is it passing

     For sure this page will be available for all Blends and tasks
     but I hope to get it ready to always have an up to date todo
     list for Covid-19 fighters even past the hackathon.

  2. Mentor newcomers how to fix bugs, write tests, build packages

  3. Fix bugs (mainly listed at [3] but also in reverse depends
     that will show up on the to be created page.

  4. Package new software listed at [2]

For the moment I keep on waiting for more input to make the covid-19
task more sensible (which is not yet currently since some package are
not very specific and others are missing - so please experts raise
your opinion ... the sooner the better).

See you in Jitsi here or here on the list

      Andreas.

PS: I also try to lurk on #debian-med in IRC in the time of the sprint.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2020/03/msg00010.html

--
http://fam-tille.de