Re: Debian @ COVID-19 Biohackathon (April 5-11, 2020)

Hi Olek,

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 03:50:31PM -0400, Olek Wojnar wrote:
> > There will be an virtual (online) COVID-19 Biohackathon from April 5-11,
> > 2020 and the Debian Med team invite you help us improve biomedical FOSS
> > and the tools/libraries that support those projects.
>
> I'm so glad that you're doing this and I've very excited to help do my
> small part to help! My boss very graciously allowed me to support this
> effort next week instead of my normal work. I just requested team
> membership on Salsa so that I can be more useful during this effort, and
> in the future as well, time allowing.

I've just granted you commit access by accepting your membership to the
team.  Welcome here.

> > Most tasks do not require any knowledge of biology or medicine, and all
> > types of contributions are welcome: bug triage, testing, documentation,
> > CI, translations, packaging, and code contributions.
>
> Speaking of being more useful, in addition to Debian and engineering
> experience, I actually do have a Biology (and Pre-Med) undergrad degree
> so I know enough to be dangerous. ;) In all seriousness, since I am
> conversant in the Bio-Med world, what do you most need help with that
> would benefit from someone who has a little background? Happy to help
> with anything, but I want to help you have the best-possible impact!

Cool.  Feel free to join us on the communication channels mentioned on
the coordination wiki page

    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/2020-covid19-hackathon/-/wikis/Covid-19-hackathon

> Looking forward to helping next week!!

Yep, looking forward as well