Re: What is the best way to refresh a 2to3 patch ?

Hi Charles,

the short answer is: Convincing upstream to write Python3 and removing
the 2to3 patch at all is the best way.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 04:31:38AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I was trying to update LAST (fortunately I saw I will not have to do so
> anymore), but struggled for half an hour on the 2to3 patch...
>
> I fixed it partly by hand, and partly with "quilt refresh".  But when I
> inspected the patch, I realised that this approach just makes it bitrot:
> the parts newly written upstream are simply not going to be covered.

I'm afraid there is not really a generic way to approach thi.

> Could routine-update update these patches automagicallly ?

I do not think so.

> (By the way if quilt is not the state of the art anymore, please let me
> know. It took me plenty of time to find on the Internet the magic `for
> where in ./ ../ ../../ ../../../ ../../../../ ../../../../../` command
> that would make `.quiltrc` work; not sure why I did not paste it
> to the group policy at the time...)

But

    https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#using-quilt

has all relevant information IMHO.  I have no idea what you mean, sorry.

> Have a nice day,

... day is over at my side - but hope you will have a nice one ;-)

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de