Re: CMake help needed for tiddit

On 7/26/22 5:38 PM, Pierre Gruet wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Le 26/07/2022 à 13:50, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Hi,

from my perspective the CMakeLists.txt of tiddit has not changed compared
to the last upstream version.  Unfortunately the build fails[1] with

    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:42 (add_executable):
      No SOURCES given to target: TIDDIT

which is not really true if I read the CMakeLists.txt file correctly.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

Indeed ${TIDDIT_FILES} is empty; I see the src/ folder has disappeared in the new upstream version, which probably means tiddit is Python-only now?

Yes, seems even as per their readme. Earlier, the readme[1] used to ask
to run the INSTALL.sh script[2] which does a bunch of cmake stuff apart from building python stuff

However as per the latest one[3] it asks for a direct pip install -- seems like they converted it to cpython
bindings instead.

@Andreas, I suppose you will have to build it the pybuild-way now. Autopkgtests will anyway help us verify
whether we are good :)

[1]: https://github.com/SciLifeLab/TIDDIT/tree/TIDDIT-2.12.1#installation