Re: Volunteer for Debian med

Dear Rakesh,

Am Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 10:14:43PM +0530 schrieb RAKESH TIWARI:
> Dear sir,
> I am a bioinformatics postgraduate and I am interested in volunteering for
> Debian med. I have been following your work on providing packages for
> medical research and practice and I find it very impressive and useful.

Very nice!  I take the freedom to copy my answer to the Debian Med list
where all discussion about Debian Med is going on and what I strongly
suggest to subscribe[1].

> I have experience in Python, PERL, R and Bash. I am just starting my career
> and I would like to get this opportunity to learn by developing in an open
> source project. I am open to learning anything additionally, if my project
> would require. I have strong fundamentals of bioinformatics and computer
> science.

I think it makes sense if we do some Mentoring of the Month[2] project.

> Please let me know if you have any opportunities for volunteers.
> Thank you for your time and consideration.

You are welcome.  Will you by chance join the Debian conference in
Kochi?

Kind regards
     Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med