Re: New CamiTK 5.1.0 release

Hi Emmanuel,

Sorry, it seems your questions have remained unanswered for quite some time. Vacations, summer, ...!

Le 28/07/2023 à 13:27, Emmanuel Promayon a écrit :
Dear all,

CamiTK 5.1.0 was released upstream and I have updated the package on salsa accordingly. It is now fully compatible with VTK9 and should hopefully be able to migrate back to testing flawlessly!

I found out that VTK9 includes java by default (and it does not seem possible to avoid it, although it is not required by all VTK modules). I suppose that breaking vtk into more packages (or just have a vtk9-java package) requires a lot of work, but that would be nice!

The inclusion of Java by default (even if not used/required by camitk at all) generated a problem during the autopkgtest process. It seems that the java libs are not included in the default system linker path. I had to add the Java lib path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH at the beginning of the two autopkgtest scripts (test/config-test.sh and cepgenerator-test.sh):
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/default-java
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${JAVA_HOME}/lib/:${JAVA_HOME}/lib/server/

(btw, thanks to a lot to Pierre Gruet who had already done that in d/r, it was a great inspiration!)

Does anyone know if that's the expected behavior, if I missed something somewhere in the camitk dependencies, or in the packaging setup?

You're welcome, I had even forgotten about this!
I think traditional Java libraries are not expected to use the shared libs of java, they are there for the executables that come along the JRE/JDK.
But as you say, it can happen that we rely on them.

On my setup, everything seems to be ready for upload, but I did not tag the master branch with the debian/5.1.0 tag, as I am not 100% sure that everything is valid (as always it seems ok on my side, but I might have missed something).

About this: I could not get the upstream source from the upstream/pristine-tar branches of the Salsa repository, and launching "uscan" did not allow me to grasp version 5.1.0. Do you think you could fix this?
I can have a look afterwards.

Can someone please have a look and tag+upload if everything seems correct?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and all your help along the way.

Best regards,
Emmanuel

Best,

--