Re: help wanted

Hi Maarten,

Not sure why, but the package does not even compile for me in a clean unstable chroot.
It chokes with:

On 08/31/2023 5:45 PM IST Maarten L. Hekkelman <maarten@hekkelman.com> wrote:
> Anyway, using sphinx introduces a lot of lintian warnings. Mostly
> related to the fact that sphinx documentation installs its own copy of
> jquery and a couple of fonts. My guess is that more packages in debian
> use sphinx so before I start to work around this I'd like to know if
> others have solved this 'problem' already. Or should I simply ignore the
> warnings?

Seems you solved this with the following:

> On 08/31/2023 9:18 PM IST Maarten L. Hekkelman <maarten@hekkelman.com> wrote:
> >
> > override_dh_auto_build: export http_proxy=127.0.0.1:9
> > override_dh_auto_build: export https_proxy=127.0.0.1:9
> > override_dh_auto_build:
> >         dh_auto_build

I think a more correct way of doing so would be to export the http_proxy in dh_auto_build-indep
(and not dh_auto_build) and then override it for generating docs.

There are a few lintian warnings as far as I could see in the CI[1]. If you comment out the
"html_static_path = ['_static']" line in docs/conf.py.in, does it help? If so, is the documentation
usable?

> Another problem with my package is that the reprotest fails on salsa.
> The actual error it stumbles upon has to do with locales. It seems that
> something is fishy with the installation of locales on the machine where
> the tests run. The test code tries to create a locale namen nl_NL.UTF-8
> and then checks if the name of the result is the same as the name
> requested to be sure it really got the correct locale. That check should
> not be required since if that locale is not installed, the C++ standard
> says an exception should be thrown but that doesn't happen, sometimes,
> recently, on Debian. I can skip those tests, but I'd like to know why
> they are failing. Not sure who to contact for this.

Locale check is a step in the reproducible builds check. The idea is that the resulting
.deb should not depend on the user's system locale and it should reliably and identically
build across systems.
You can find more details here[2]. You may want to simply export LC_ALL=C in d/rules to avoid the repro
failure based on locale. I don't think it is worth it to disable tests due to this reason.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libzeep/-/jobs/4634788
[2]: https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/locales/

Best,
Nilesh