Re: Fixed? Re: video meeting technical issues

HI Rebecca,

Am Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 10:50:58PM +0100 schrieb Rebecca N. Palmer:
> I think at least my problem (participant list+chat but no video/audio, and
> frequent disconnects) was at my end, not the server's, and is now fixed.  I
> don't know whether the other people with issues had the same issue.
>
> I think the cause was that I had AppArmor blocking it (with my own profile,
> but I think the profile in apparmor-profiles also has this bug) - if you're
> using that, allow all of these.  This became an issue in bookworm, because
> earlier versions of Debian apparmor didn't actually enforce network rules.
>
>   network inet stream,
>   network inet6 stream,
>   network inet dgram,
>   network inet6 dgram,
>   network netlink raw,
>
> Other security tools might have similar issues.  This probably affects all
> in-browser video calls, not just Jitsi.

Thank you for this analysis.

> Testing: this issue is easy to miss because it isn't visible when there's
> only 1 in the call (the your-own-video window still works). Jitsi doesn't
> work between tabs/windows of the same Firefox instance, but it *does* work
> between two Firefox instances using different profiles (-P option of
> firefox-esr) on the same computer.

I admit I used Chromium for Jitsi sessions before.  Since I was told
that Firefox is fine now I tried it yesterday with the result that I
have seen no video from any other participant.  Next time I will use
Chromium again.  I also think we should try meet.jit.si whether it
works more relieable.

Kind regards
     Andreas.

--