Java help for bbmap needed

Hi Pierre (or whoever wants to take this task),

I tried to upgrade bbmap but failed[1].  I stumbled upon the line:

jh_build: error: find current -name '*.java' -and -type f -print0 | xargs -s 512000 -0 /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/javac -g -cp /usr/share/java/mpi.jar:debian/_jh_build.bbmap -d debian/_jh_build.bbmap -encoding ISO8859-1 -source 7 -target 7  returned exit code 123

since we should probably have "-source 8 -target 8" instead but I have
not found any string '-source' inside the source tarball.  So may be here
is some magic in the Jave build process.  I can only guess whether those
build errors might vanish if source/target=8 is used and would be really
happy if someone with Java experience could have a look on this possibly
simple issue.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bbmap/-/jobs/4824812