Re: User input needed: Stop supporting 32 bit architectures with emboss (Was: emboss-lib: identified for time_t transition but no ABI in shlibs)

Hi Tony,

Am Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 09:57:32AM +0000 schrieb Tony Travis:
> The only people I know still using 32-bit software are doing BLAST etc on
> older Raspberry Pi's. However, AFAIK, the default Raspberry Pi OS (based on
> Debian Bullseye) is 32-bit even though the newer Raspberry Pi have 64-bit
> processors. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort to support
> 32-bit software these days. I don't use EMBOSS any longer.

Thanks a lot to your insight.  Do you have any contact to those people
running 32bit systems?  Can you forward this question to them?  Or more
generally:  Wouldn't it make sense if people doing Debian based
bioinformatics would subscribe this list and speak here?

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de