Re: A few new-maintainer questions.

>> "ZEH" == Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net> writes:

ZEH> 3: I've got a package which can be compiled with or without X
ZEH> support, However the X support does not work without changing a
ZEH> few settings in the X config, as I don't use X I'm not the best
ZEH> one to try and figure out what to do..

Could you tell us, which program you are packageing ?

Which files / what changes to X are necessary ?

ZEH> 4: This package can also be compiled for 2.0 kernel or for 2.1
ZEH> kernels, but not both, what's the best way to handle this?

Make a 2.0 version. A multi-binary package (1 source creates both the
2.0 and 2.1 packages) would be the best solution, but make the 2.0
version first. When you are satisfied, you can add the 2.1 one.

Ciao,
	Martin