wannabe developer seeks mentor

Hi,

I intend to pack the VDK, a C++ wrapper around GTK+. The license of VDK
is LGPL.

I have already read the "Debian New Maintainers Guide" and, as stated
there, I have packed first a simple program. It is my own program and it
uses VDK, therefore it is packed with libvdk.a statically linked.

Now I am seeking for a mentor to test my first made deb and guide me
further in packaging the libvdk, as I have understood that packaging a
lib is not so easy, especially because you have to split the original
package in more subpackages.

The package can be found at:

http://borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~borco/vdk/

Here are some screenshots of the running program:

http://borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~borco/images/vdk/langdrill/shot1.gif
http://borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~borco/images/vdk/langdrill/shot2.gif
http://borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~borco/images/vdk/langdrill/shot3.gif

TIA,