Re: What to do with extra sources needed to build a package

Ben Gertzfield wrote:

> This is the right thing to do, assuming we can redistribute libfli.

There isn't a license included, but that's an oversight I will
quickly remedy by contacting the author (also the author or xplot
and of xwatch, another package I'm doing).

I'm sure it'll be LGPL.  That's what would be best, right?

> Make packages for libfli2 and libfli-dev (assuming the soname of
> libfli is 2, for example) and you'll be set. Do you have experience
> building Debian packages of libraries? There are a few gotchas that
> you'll hit if you don't have experience in it already.

No experience at all.  And I have a lot to learn too.
For example, it only builds a libfli.a static library and no
dynamic library at all.  Is this okay?

FYI, sources are ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/libfli-0.1.tar.gz

Peter