Re: debian source == original source. How ?

Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> 2. I have a NEWS file which keeps track of the latest changes. The
> debian has the changelog. Do I have to duplicate the entries from NEWS
> to the changelog ? Is it enough to keep them in NEWS and increment only
> the version number of changelog ?

You need to put some sort of a description of your changes in the changelog.
There are a few routes you could go. If you want the changelog to have
detail of changes, and the NEWS to just have major news items, you can do it
that way. Or you could reverse it and have detail in NEWS and quick blubs
about whats new in the changelog.

Personally, for my debian-only packages, I don't see much point in keeping
two different changes files, so I symlink debian/changelog to CHANGES, and
make it in standard debian changelog format and put all my changes in there.
This satisfies non-debian users who expect to find some kind of changelog in
your package.

--
see shy jo