Seperate package for man pages

My mpich package provides a fairly complete set of manual pages for the
MPI API, which are useful not only for mpich users but also for users of
other MPI implementations such as LAM.  I'd like to provide them as a
seperate package but I'm not sure exactly how to go about this.

Making mpich a multi-binary package is the obvious way but this ties
the manual pages into being provided by the mpich package.  Should some
other people come along and provide even better manuals it could cause
hassle later on.

Is this a reasonable concern, or should I stop being so silly?

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/