Re: Diversions example?

Mitch Blevins wrote:
> Will someone please point me to a package that has a good example
> of diversions.  I am assuming that this is what I need to package
> gnumaniac, which replaces the outdated man pages in the *-utils
> gnu packages.

Jein.  I understand that dpkg-divert is only a workaround.  Generally
speaking it would be better if both packages would agree and use
the alternatives mechanism to do so.

Anyway, adding diversions is not difficult, issue dpkg-divert with
or without -h or --help and you'll experience a very easy syntax.

Packages using diversions are dpkg-multicd and file-rc.  Please
think about it and issue 'grep dpkg-divert /var/lib/dpkg/info/*"
to find more packages using diversions.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi