Re: Gnu Privacy Guard

Anthony W. Juckel wrote:
> I was just wondering what the status was of gpg and its relation to the
> debian project.  Can new developers user gpg keys instead of pgp keys (it

GnuPg is becoming more stable.

> debian project.  Can new developers user gpg keys instead of pgp keys (it

Currently you still need a valid pgp key in order to be able to insert
your packages in the distribution.  I hope this will change through
1999.

> I was reading the gpg site (http://www.k.shuttle.de/isil/gnupg/), and it
> appears that gpg is close to equivalent to pgp (for usability more than
> interoperability).  Am I way off track in any of this?

It's not compatible, which causes a problem.  It is some sort of compatible
with pgp 5.0.  But Debian's internal structures still depend on pgp
2.6.x.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi