Doing a equivs rewrite, question to copyright and apt

Hi,

I am doing a rewrite of the equivs package, and have two questions.

The package itself is GPLed, and I want to include some code from
other GPLed packages (mainly the doc-base parser). Now I want to give
the doc-base authors proper credit.

What is the best way to do so? Include an entry in the copyright file,
in the source, somewhere else?

The equivs package will produce dummy packages to fulfil dependancies
and to provide packages, by using Provides, Recommends, Depends and
Suggests control entries.

To give proper advice when to use what field: does apt-get
automatically load packages in Recommends like it does for Depends ?
It doesn't do this for SUggests I assume.

Ciao,
	Martin