olderdebian box

Dear Sir(s),
I am currently learning to administrate a Debian Server, we have web,mail, and ftp service. I did not originally set up the box and I am now faced with a challenge. I moved the box across campus and in doing so I must change the IP address and the associate files. But where and exactly how? I have gone to etc/networks and etc/hosts changed the parameters and have had no luck. Any advice? I have also vi'd the resolv.conf and don't know what else to do.
www.cclub.pcc.ed when I am on line again,
p.s. obviously I have attempted to contact the original Sys Admin, but he has gone on to another college and has eluded detection:)

brad at maruhn@hotmail.com
http://ww.hotmail.com