Re: debian version numbers for future-maintainers

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, David Coe wrote:

> I'm ready to create packages, as a future-maintainer,
> to be handed to my sponsor to be uploaded.
>
> Should I set the debian version number to -1 (currently
> it's -0.6, never had an official maintainer), or should
> I continue using NMU numbering (i.e. -0.7 in this case)?

It is my opinion that you should set the debian version number to -1.
You will be the maintainer of the package for some time to come.

  tony@mancill.com         |  Forget honesty - forget creativity
http://www.debian.org      |  The dumbest buys the mostest