Request for sponsor or NMU

I've recently submitted my application as a prospective new maintainer
and would like to adopt (if/when my application is approved) some
orphaned packages.

Among those I've examined as likely prospects for a first attempt is
sclient (a GUI MUD client).  Immediately after contacting Brian Ermovick
(the previous maintainer), he pointed out that there is a new upstream
release.  I would like to package the new release, if someone would be
willing to sponsor it.

I have little hope that my application will be approved before the
potato freeze takes effect and, since the new release is primarily
bug-fixes, I'd like to see it uploaded before then.  To this end, if
sponsorship is not possible, would someone be willing to do a NMU?
--
Regards,
Steve