original package with CRLF as line separators

I am packaging a program, which uses CRLF as end of line (don't ask me how
it got there :-))
The problem is, I have to turn it to LF, because the program is a script
and won't run with CRLF. But if I do this, *.diff.gz will be as big as
*.orig.tar.gz. Isn't there a better way? Maybe running dos2unix in
debian/rules or so... Any ideas?

FWIW, I am discussing this one particular program with upstream author, so I
guess it won't be a problem, but I guess I run into this with more programs
I'd like to package, therefore I'd be interested in a general solution.

Thanks
| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |