Ownership of data files

Hello,

I'm working on a program that collects information to be used by the sys
admin. I don't want the collected information to be world writable (even
though this wouldn't be a security hole), but I want the program to run
from user accounts (with write access to its data).

Obviously, I have to make it SUID or SGID to something then, with
'something' being the owner of the programs data files, but I'd like
to avoid 'something' to be root, if possible. Is there a predefined user
or group in Debian I can use for this purpose or do I have to create one
in an install script?

Thanks,

Bj"orn Brill <brill@fs.math.uni-frankfurt.de>
Frankfurt am Main, Germany