Re: Need help with shlibs.local

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 05:04:47PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:
>
> >         this is driving me nuts and I want to fix it once and for
> >  all. wmaker (src) builds several binary packages, among them,
> >  libwraster1 and libwraster1-dev.  The wmaker packages (wmaker,
> >  wmaker-gnome and wmaker-kde) all should depends on libwraster1, with
> >  proper versioning if necessary.  Sometimes that means it should
> >  depend on the libwraster1 version that is being built, not the one
> >  installed on the system.  Now, my problem is, everytime I think I got
> >  this right, I realize it isn't the case.  Do you know of any source
> >  package in this situation that's got this right?
>
> jade.  Check that out.
>
> It's more complex than it really should be to do this properly.... Oh well.

I used to use something like
dpkg-shlibdeps -Ldebian/tmp-library/DEBIAN/shlibs

(or whatever the exact filename is). This worked rather well, although
the documentation says that -L is for temporary use only. From memory
when I asked about this on this list a few months back, this seemed
to be the best solution.

Upstream has since separated the library and binary sources,
so I don't have an example on hand.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).