Sponsors and developers

hi,

i am curious to know what everyone's plans are to deal with the
long-developer-waiting-list problem. i'm sure you have discussed this
heaps, i just can't seem to find any threads.

is there an existing system that encourages new developers to join and
help debian? is there an automated system for sponsorship? I have just
almost finished packaging a fixed vrweb and would like to submit it,
however I need a sponser.

I'm not sure if Fabien has time in his busy life to it look over, and
perhaps one of you out there can sponser it for me, but what happens
*when* i package another fixed program for you guys?  will i have to waste
more time hunting down sponsers? i love debian and want to help, but i
need to see that my efforts are not going to waste, as i'm sure is the
case with many other non-developer-developers.

Perhaps debian should have some official sponsers? some developers that
spend (at least some of their) time checking over other people's
packages... how long would it take anyway? you could assume that the bugs
had been fixed by the new developer, you just have to check the patch
changes and make sure all that debian/ stuff is correct...

i'm sure someone has already said this somewhere before, but isn't it time
to actually do something about it? there are soooo many bugs to fix out
there, you need as many developers as possible!

Paul