Question about configuration files.

Hi.

Policy says:

   Only packages that are tagged conflicting with each other may specify
   the same file as conffile. A package may not modify a configuration
   file of another package.

Since I have to modify debstd so that it does not support modifying
configuration files for other packages the way it did, I ask:

Are there any facilities provided by the system to modify certain
files?

For example, for /etc/passwd we have adduser.

Is there a similar tool for adding entries to /etc/aliases?

--
 "acf4c873cf568410f260b275e5ae7cf5" (a truly random sig)