Re: I need sponsor/advocate

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 06:27, Juan Rafael Alvarez Correa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Months ago, I've switched from Slackware to Debian, and I find the
> project so exciting that I'd like to help and contribute to its
> success.

Excellent!

> I make 3 packages:

I've just run lintian on them, the following is the output.  Lines starting
with "E" are errors and must be fixed before release.  Lines starting with
"W" are warnings, but preferrably you shouldn't have many (it's best to have
none).

Ideally packages should give no errors or warnings from lintian.  But that
often takes lots of work (especially when the upstream doesn't write any man
pages).

W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
W: prips: unknown-section main/net
W: ipsc: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
W: ipsc: package-contains-upstream-install-documentation
usr/share/doc/ipsc/INSTALL
W: ipsc: unknown-section main/net
E: gipsc: manpage-for-x11-binary-in-wrong-directory usr/X11R6/bin/gipsc
usr/share/man/man1/gipsc.1.gz
W: gipsc: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make
W: gipsc: package-contains-upstream-install-documentation
usr/share/doc/gipsc/INSTALL
W: gipsc: unknown-section main/net