Re: building unstable packages with stable

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:05:24PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> I'm using sourceforge's compile farm and I'd like to know how to use it to
> compile packages for unstable. They use woody. I also have an account on
> HP's testdrive systems.

Bad idea. Your packages' first point of entry is unstable, so build and
test on an unstable box. And since you'll probably want to install
foreign dependencies etc., you should probably get a box at home to do
so so you don't have to wait for some admin to reply and install your
deps.

Building your packages on sourceforge will make them link against old
libraries that are not in unstable.

-Josh

--
Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef.
		-- Tom Robbins