Re: retriggering the building of a package on all archs

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 08:51:07AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of two packages, say A and B. B build depends on A, i
> uploaded a bugged version of A, which inhibit building of B. Now I've
> fixed the problem, but B needs to be rebuilt on all architectures.

> Is there a single person/email address I can ask for rebuilding package
> B on all archs? Usually I send mail to the interested port list, but I
> don't want to spam each debian-arch mailing list.

The ports list is actually not the right contact address, as buildd
admins don't necessarily subscribe to those lists.  The correct contact
address is <arch>@buildd.debian.org.

There is no canonical shortcut for this; if the package really needs to
be rebuilt on all architectures, you need to contact the buildd admins
for each architecture.  Unofficially, if you contact Ryan, James,
LaMont, Gerhard (Tonn, gt@d.o) and m68k@buildd.debian.org, you will have
contacted the official contacts for all of the buildds. ;)

> I can also reupload a new version of B, but it would be inappropriate
> since nothing changed in that package.

Nevertheless, this would certainly be the fastest and most efficient way
to get the package requeued on all architectures.  Well, you could set a
build-conflicts: with the buggy version of package A, I suppose, so the
upload has *some* changes in it... ;)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer