RFS: irrtoolset and/or flare

Hello,

1) Package name : irr-tools
RTP: #189359
Version : 4.8.2
Upstream Author : Internet Routing Registry Toolset Project
ftp://ftp.ripe.net/tools/IRRToolSet/IRRToolSet-4.8.2/IRRToolSet-4.8.2.tar.gz
* License : Unknown for now, RTP claims it is BSD-ish.
Description : IRRToolSet is a suite of policy analysis tools to operate with
routing policies in RPSL [RFC 2622] format, registered in Internet Routing
Registry(IRR). The main goal of the project is to make routing information
more convenient and useful for network engineers, by providing tools for
automated router configuration, routing policies analysis, and maintenance.
Preliminary package: ftp://ftp.logos-bg.net/debian/

2) Package name : flare
Version: 20040804
Upstream Author:  Berke Durak
http://abaababa.ouvaton.org/ara/flare-20040804.tar.gz
* License: GPL
Description :  Flare is an experimental GTK2 interface for ara. In fact it
does what ara does (already in debian archive), but does not depend on it. It
has now much improved syntax. You can specify a default search field pattern
for a group of expressions (which is by default and quite conveniently,
"Description"). For example it is now possible to type :

    section=utils and (backup* or archive or /cop\(y\|ies\)/iw) and depends:
(xlibs or /gnome/ or *gtk)

instead of

    section=utils & (/\bbackup.*/ | /archive/iw | /cop\(y\|ies\)/iw) &
(depends=~/xlibs/ | depends=~/gnome/ | depends=~/.*gtk/iw)

Please note that Flare is in a quite experimental stage. However it is really
useful right now, and as Debian still lacks a good and fast (ara lacking a
GUI or a proper CLI reloads the database at every invocation and so is dog
slow) sophisticated search tool so I thought I'd share it.
Preliminary package: ftp://ftp.logos-bg.net/debian/

3) Package Issues:
* Sorry, for the lame question, but I can not figure out of how to split the
diff.gz file out of the tarball files. Have to resolve that. Any help will be
attended.
* The first one (irr-tools) is rather complicated for me, an not so familiar
with the Routing Registry stuff. Will see how to handle it.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB