possibly undefined macro: AS_FOR_TARGET

  Hi,

  I'm trying to make a package, according to autotools-dev/README.Debian
recommendations, but "autoreconf --force --install" gives me error:

configure.in:2207: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_FOR_TARGET
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

  Googling, I found that AS_FOR_TARGET must be changed to GAS_FOR_TARGET,
in configure.in but that raise another question. I cannot use
dpatch to fix configure.in and changing it from $(PACKAGE).diff.gz is
not recommended. How it is recommended to proceed in such situations?

  Thanks in advance.

--
Alexei Chetroi

Smile... Tomorrow will be worse. (c) Murphy's Law