Re: btrfs packages: reviews appreciated

Hi Adrian,

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:01:35 am Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> > > Since I've never dona a kernel module package before (in fact, I
> > > haven't done a Arch: any package at all since T&S, all my packages are
> > > Perl Arch: all :-/ ), my packages are probably full of stupid mistakes,
> > > so I'd appreciate if somebody could have a look at the packaging before
> > > I upload.

> <http://fortytwo.ch/debian/btrfs>

Had a quick look, some comments:

* these also need to be removed by upstream's clean target:
  .*.o.cmd
  .tmp_versions/
  Module.symvers

* btrfs-modules-source should have a versioned dependency on debhelper
(>=0.5.37) to ensure that dh_installmodules will always be useful

* kdist_clean: should call upstream's clean target, not the debian/rules clean
target

* debian/rules would be easier to parse if all the commented/example stuff
were stripped

* README.Debian summary is confusing. If the summary is "Do not use btrfs."
then who is the crazy person that packaged it? and why? Wouldn't it be better
to explain why you are packaging it just as you did in email sent to this
list?

* README.Debian typo -> "modules-assistang auto-install btrfs"

Thanks, Kel.