Re: upstream package split

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 06:54:06PM +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of SQLite3 packages. Upstream used to ship the
> sources and documentation in one tarball. Now this is changed, source
> still ships in a tarball, but docs is separeted to a zip file. What
> would be the best, merge both to a .orig.tar.gz or make two source
> packages? I plan to remerge upstream, but don't know what upstream
> name to use, should it be sqlite3+docs or remain plain sqlite3? Should
> I accept the seperation?

If there's any chance that they release a new version of only one of the
files without the other, then I think it makes sense to split it into
two source packages as well.

As for the name (in case you remerge), I wouldn't make any change.  The
previous name described the combination of program with docs, so it
should still do that.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html