Re: RFS: teeworlds

Paul Wise wrote:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:

 That's the zlib license (http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib_license.html)
 with an extra clause forbidding some kind of commercial usage
 ("Neither this software nor any of its individual components, in
 original or modified versions, may be sold by itself"). I'm not really
 sure that it is DFSG-compliant. I'm CCing debian-legal to get other
 opinions on that.

That is a similar clause to the one in the Open Font Library. Fonts
using the OFL have been accepted into Debian, so presumably the
ftpmasters would accept this licence.

Indeed, various fonts using a license with such a clause have been accepted in main like the Dejavu fonts and about 30 other open fonts to extend the i18n coverage and typographic quality of Debian:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/ttf-dejavu/ttf-dejavu_2.24-2/ttf-dejavu.copyright

It's been recognized to comply with the requirements of DFGS #1.

OTOH if teeworld is not font software, IMHO there are enough good DFSG-validated licenses for pure software without the need for new ones.

HTH

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org