tkgate & povray

Hello,

  I have been working on the tkgate package:
  (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tkgate/tkgate_2.0~a11-1.dsc),
  and Paul Wise was reviewing it when he found this issue:

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 05:11:02PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> For now, povray is in non-free (they plan to rewrite and GPLv3 it), so
> the images in the povray/ directory (and some of the other images) in
> the tarball cannot be generated using software from main only. It is
> possible that you will have to remove the povray-generated images from
> the source package and not distribute them in the binary packages.
> Please ask the ftpmasters (such as Ganneff) about the appropriate course
> of action in this case. I suspect that just removing the images
> generated with povray will be enough.
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-main
---end quoted text---

Now povray is neither in Depends nor Build-Depends. The images in povray/
directory are provided by the upstream orig tarball (ie. not created
by the building process). So I don't see a violation here, I hope
someone would advise us regarding this matter.

Also there's another issue, the previous maintainer of tkgate package
did not put any copyrights for the packaging itself (please look at
debian/copyright). So I do not know what to do regarding this matter.

--
 أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer