Re: RFS: roxterm

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:27:26PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:40:12 +0100
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:04:13 +0100
> > Tony Houghton <h@realh.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > The name of the packe is roxterm; if I use my own deb structure
> > > instead of Thierry's there may also be packages called roxterm-data,
> > > roxterm-lang-en, roxterm-lang-en-gb.
> >
> > Why? There is no reason to have one-package-per-locale in Debian.
>
> OK, but some other applications do, eg iceweasel and openoffice, but
> maybe that's because of their size? Is it better to have one l10n
> package or merge them into roxterm-data a la gnome-terminal?

Yep - that's because of their size ...

roxterm (sid, powerpc) currently ships 408K in /usr/share/. Imho, it's
not even worth to ship a -data package. Also, the package currently
includes /usr/share/roxterm/roxterm-config.glade (204K) which imho
should not be included in the package at all (at least, I don't see a
reason for that). It definitely doesn't make any sense to produce a 200K
-data package.

Cheers,
Sebastian