Re: RFS: autokey -- text expansion and hotkey utility

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 08:50, LI Daobing<lidaobing@debian.org> wrote:
> W: autokey source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0 (current is 3.8.2)
I'll fix that in the next upload.

> W: autokey: init.d-script-uses-usr-interpreter /etc/init.d/autokey /usr/bin/env
Hm. I'm not exactly sure how to fix that; the init.d script is in
Python. Having the init.d script not use something in /usr just to
silence lintian wouldn't do much in reality, since the whole purpose
of the script is to start the AutoKey daemon, which is also written in
Python.

Why would one rewrite the script to use a non-/usr shell? I read
through the lintian page on the error, but the case it describes is
extremely unlikely, if one were to remove python many things would
break.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc