Re: RFS: libphp-pclzip (updated package)

Hi,

debian/copyright:
>     version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

Upstream releases the source code under the GNU LGPL version 2.1, not
version 2.

> Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Jose Carlos Medeiros <debian@psabs.com.br>

2009? his last changes is dated 2007 on the changelog.

> and is licensed under the GPL version 3,
> see /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3.

Which is not really accurate, as Jose Carlos didn't really say under what
licence he released his packaging work. I guess it could be implied that
his work was released under the terms of the same licence as upstream.
This it nitpicking, but in theory no assumption could be made and the only
(right) solution is to contact him.

The debian/rules contains plenty of useless stuff, and installing the readme
via debian/docs and later renaming it on the rules file looks ugly. There
are also some debhelper scripts being called that don't anything on the
package.

debian/control:
Please fix the dependencies, and improve the description (start by not
repeating the name of the package all over the place). In case you need
help improving the description don't hesitate to contact the English i10n
mailing list.

pclzip.lib.php:
Using the current directory as the default directory for the temporary files
is *not* a good idea at all (think about permissions) and it should
therefore default to the TMPDIR environment variable, or at least /tmp.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net