Re: Pedantic Lintian complains on changelog.gz

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:

> the package Webfs which I very recently adopted, has the habit of
> incorporating the upstream changelog into the upstream README file.
> This causes lintian to issue the pedantic critisism that the package
> supplies no file 'changelog.gz'.

I have several times had success in asking politely for upstream to
maintain the changelog as a separate file. IME upstream agrees that it's
better done that way and just goes ahead and does it. A win-win result.

--
 \        “The restriction of knowledge to an elite group destroys the |
  `\                   spirit of society and leads to its intellectual |