Re: updates on mentors.debian.net without *orig*

Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian@joonet.de> writes:

> But after awhile I will make an updated version. When I create the new
> version with debuild, i.e. 1.0-2, the file
>
> 	mypack_1.0-2_amd64.changes
>
> is made without a line for mypack_1.0.orig.tar.gz (the usual behaviour)
> and the upload to mentors.debian.net ignores that file.
>
> Then mentors.debian.net only have the following files:
>
> i.e.	mypack_1.0-2.debian.tar.gz
> 	mypack_1.0-2.dsc
>
> Is this o.k. and the usual way?

It's the usual way for uploading directly to the Debian repositories, so
that's the default.

However, it's not what you want for inviting prospective sponsors; they
are better served by having the full source package available, including
upstream tarballs.

To get that, specify unconditional inclusion of the upstream tarballs by
passing the ‘-sa’ option to ‘dpkg-genchanges(1)’.

--
 \             “Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have |
  `\                                            others.” —Groucho Marx |