Re: RFS: iptotal (updated package) (2nd try)

Hi Ignace,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:19:23PM +0200, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:55, Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> wrote:
> > I'm not convinced your fix is the best way to go. Is iptotal unusable
> > with apache2? I thought it would be better to support apache2 and
> > perform better checks (however you do that) in post* for the web server
> > reloads. Don't you think?
>
> As iptotal should work with other web-servers supporting CGI, I chose
> to remove the automatic linking and reloading of apache's
> configuration.
> I find it "cleaner" to start the iptotal daemon, and let the user
> enable the cgi samples that are shipped within the package, and reload
> his webserver. What do you think about that?

On a second look at the package I found that this is probably the best
aproach, yes. I would suggest mentioning such in a README.Debian file
where you could also write about the files being moved around in
postinst. But that's your call. As a user I would probably be confused
if files moved from /var/www to /usr/lib to /var/lib. :)

Also, I just saw postrm is empty basically. Please remove it.

Hauke

PS: No need to CC me, btw :)