Re: RFS: spice

06.03.2011 19:02, liang wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "spice".
>
> * Package name    : spice
>   Version         : 0.8.0-1
>   Upstream Author : Red Hat, Inc.
> * URL             : http://www.spice-space.org/
> * License         : LGPL 2.1
>   Section         : misc

[]
> Spice depends on spice-protocol, spice-protocl 0.6.4 is in Debain ftp-master
> NEW queue, and 0.8.0 can be found on mentors.debian.net:

spice requires on spice-protocol >= 0.7.0, it wont built with
spice-protocol 0.6.3 or 0.6.4.  Ditto for older spice, 0.6.4
needs spice-protocol=0.6.4, and spice 0.6.3 needs 0.6.3 protocol,
it does not comiple if the version condition is not met.

I added this versioned build-dependency locally but didn't push
it out, you come faster.

Please also ensure that spice can be re-built without cleaning,
right now on any build error it starts with ./configure (in celt)
again and later fails due due to EEXIST:

build-stamp:
        cd celt && ./configure --prefix=/usr && cd ..
        $(MAKE) -C celt
        ln -s celt/libcelt celt051
        sed 's#\/usr#$(CURDIR)#' celt/celt051.pc |sed 's#/include##'|sed 's#/lib#/celt051/.libs#'>celt051.pc
        PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/share/pkgcnfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:$(CURDIR) ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gui
        $(MAKE)
        touch build-stamp

This better be split into 4 different targets depending one on
another.  Again, I did all this locally and I told you about that,
but you prefer your to do the work twice, -- I'm fine with that.

Besides, this PKG_CONFIG thing with generation of celt051.pc and the
symlink (where it FTBFS twice in a row)  aren't needed: use
CELT051_CFLAGS and CELT051_LDFLAGS pointing to $(CURDIR)/celt/libcelt,
and ./configure will figure out the rest without additional ugliness.

Another thing: does libcelt051 development files it installs really
needed?  It looks like they're not used even for spice-dev package,
but I'm not sure, I haven't looked.

An important note: the source contains 3 autogenerated files
(server/generated_{,de}marshallers.{c,h}), with proper rules
to re-generate from spice.proto when out of date.  In order
to re-generate these files, one need python-pyparsing package
(pyparsing python module), and ofcours python interpreter
itself.  I think this should be added to build-depends, with
appropriate comment.

And one more thing: is it really necessary to list all copyright texts
from almost every individual source file in debian/copyright?  I don't
know, but the resulting debian/copyright looks quite a bit messy...

I did everything already locally, with just a few tweaks missing,
and I told you yesterday I'm testing the package.  You at least
may tell the next time you will ignore anyone else's work.

Thanks.

/mjt