Re: RFS: phing (third try)

Re,

thanks Benoit for your help. I forgot to update debian/copyright file. All package is released under LGPL (v3) license.

Zip archive has been removed from that release so no problem for it.

I updated my package and pushed changes to mentors.debian.net :
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/phing/phing_2.4.5-1.dsc

I also updated the associated git repository :
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-symfony/phing.git

I allways search for a sponsor.

Regards,
Nicolas

Le 23 mars 2011 18:32, Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org> a écrit :
Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "phing".
>
> * Package name    : phing
>   Version         : 2.4.5-1
>   Upstream Author : Hans Lellelid <hans@xmpl.org>, Michiel Rook <
> mrook@php.net>
> * URL             : http://phing.info/
> * License         : LGPL
>   Section         : devel

There seems to be some copyright problems with this package.

First of all, you list a bunch of files
(classes/phing/IntrospectionHelper.php, etc.) as being All rights
reserved; that's not a license, and it contradicts the header of (at
least some of, I didn't check them all) these files, which indicate
they're LGPL.

There's another issue with classes/phing/lib/Zip.php, which uses the PHP
license; that license is incompatible with the GPL [1].

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

Finally, you've chosen to release the packaging under the GPL, whereas
(most of) the package is LGPL. It's usually a good idea to use the same
(or a more permissive) license for the packaging as for the package
itself.

I haven't looked at the software itself yet.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht