Re: asking for package removal

Le Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:42:23AM -0300, gustavo panizzo <gfa> a écrit :
> hello
>     i was going through the list of rc bugs for wheezy and i found
> #687579.
>
> while i think the package should be removed (dead upstream, doesn't
> work with wheeze version of it's dependencies) i'm not the maintainer.
>
> how long do i have to wait to maintainer to reply before ask to ftp
> team to remove the package? can i (neither maintainer, uploader or DD)
> ask for removals?
>

> is nothing "personal" with the package or the maintainer, is was just
> doing QA.
>
> thanks
>
> PS: i wasn't sure if send this to mentors or qa

Hi,

It looks like the maintainer of abby has recently packaged a replacement,
nomnom.  Since this shows he is still active, I recommend to wait two weeks for
his answer to the proposition to remove the package, that you made in
http://bugs.debian.org/687579#10.

In the absence of answer, debian-qa is an appropriate list to discuss further
the removal.  If there a consensus for it, you can submit the request yourself
to the FTP team.

But I think you were right to use debian-mentor for asking for a general
advice.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy