packaging perl programs

Hi,

I want to pack a simple perl script (http://proxytunnel.sourceforge.net/
files/pixelserv.pl.txt) as a package, but need your help.

I've checked out the

Debian Perl Policy
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/

and believe the script is fine.

But I don't know if there is any ready-made tool that can help me
packaging the perl script, as packing from .tar.gz files, and if so, how
to use it. If not, how should I proceed. Detailed instruction
appreciated.

Here is the homework I've done so far.

- it's author and license is listed on
  http://proxytunnel.sourceforge.net/pixelserv.php
- the package should base on perl-base I suppose
- it uses Perl IO::Socket::INET module, which I believe comes from libio-
socket-ip-perl
- it needs an init script for starting/stopping the pixelserv service,
which I have coded. Is Debian using upstart now, BTW?

Further, I want to enhance it to have a (extremely simple) configuration
file. Should I put it as /usr/lib/pixelserv, or as /etc/pixelserv?

Thanks

PS. For more on pixelserv, plz refer to
http://sfxpt.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/the-best-ad-blocking-method/