Re: Building Perl modules that have dependencies

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM, T o n g wrote:

> - Can I specify multiple Perl modules to cpan2dsc/dh-make-perl?

I tried that and it looks like no is the answer:

$ cpan2dsc  Toadfarm ACL::Lite
== dh-make-perl 0.80 ==
cpan2dsc requires exactly one non-option argument at
/usr/share/perl5/DhMakePerl/Config.pm line 222.

http://manpages.debian.org/man/0/dh-make-perl

> - Or should I build the dependencies into binary packages and install
> them first?

No.

> - Or should I build everything into Debian source packages, including the
> dependencies, as if they are independent of each other?

Yes.

I would suggest getting involved in the Perl team if you are packaging
Perl modules. There you will find sponsors, co-maintainers and lots of
work to do.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup

--
bye,